was i wrong for telling my 17 yesr old she could come for a 4 day visit and not the summer?

My daughter dose not resepct any one in my home she is heartless. She has a bad atitude if things don't go her way she gose and cries to daddy and e tells her she don't have to listen to what i or anyone else says. If she says jump he says how high he spent 800 in 2 weeks just taking her out to eat because she didn't like what was being made at home that her older sister was making her.She also has ADHD but her dad dose not make her take her meds so she dose what she wants am I wrong for telling her what I told her.I feel bad for telling her that but i just can't handle her. What am I to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i don't give a crap who it is, if they can't respect you in your own home, they don't need to be there.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 8:32 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Under your roof she is to respect you and your rules. If she doesn't, she doesn't need to be there. I would give the 4 days a try and take it from there, if she does good, maybe extend her stay a little. If she acts out, send her home.
    Anonymous

• she don't live with you....she is prob acting out b/c she wants your love and attention if you were 17 and your dad would spend that much on you wouldn't you love it to she is just being a child if you want her to change?teach her better then she needs to stay with you for more than a couple of days everyone has kids that sometimes they just cannot handle but if we threw them off on other people b/c we couldn't handle them they would never learn you should never throw your kids on someone else b/c you can't handle them
    Anonymous

• From just the information you've shared, I would say yes it is wrong of you to only let your daughter come home for 4 days. Where on earth is she? Living with a relative because you can't handle her? You're supposed to love your kids no matter what, and I'm sure you rejecting her is very hurtful.

Anonymous

• I agree with you. I am almost 26 and STILL respect my parents, especially when I come visit. If your daughter doesn't like it, she can always refuse the invite.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Respect needs to be earned. Just because they are your children doesn't means they should trample all over everyone else.  She needs to learn that lesson now.

Anonymous

• well just because they got born to parents that will just throw them away to someone when they are hard to handle isnt their fault either she is YOUR child she need the love and attention give it to her when she is bad just be that much more nice to her she will get the point....or how long has this been going on how long has she not lived with her MOTHER
    Anonymous

• You need to go to counseling or take parenting classes to learn how to parent your daughter. Of course it's wrong to not want to be with your daughter all the time.  

Anonymous

• maybe you need counseling together, there must be reasons behind her acting this way.....
    Anonymous

• You're supposed to love your kids no matter what, and I'm sure you rejecting her is very hurtful.

Just because a kid isn't living with the mother, it does not mean that the mother does not LOVE the kid. OMG people!!! Sometimes you women carry things a little too far.
    Anonymous