Which carseat and stroller do ya'll like?

I am ttc, but I am picking a crib, stroller, and carseat now so I can know exactly know how much money I need to start saving while I'm still working. I've already picked the crib out, but Dh and I cant decide on which carseat and stroller to choose. One is a little more than the other. Both or pretty nuetral so it wont matter if its a boy or girl, and have the same features. Its pretty much down to color and design. Which one do ya'll like?
I put the link for the carseat please take a peak at the stroller too. Thankyou.

Options 1 Brunswick
http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1763598

Option 2 Birkshire
http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=8A12BKR

Dawn07

Asked by Dawn07 at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• Are you guys planning on finding out the gender? If so why not just wait and choose one that is more gender toned? You already have an idea of how much to put aside.
    Why not try picking out one for a boy and one for a girl and then buying it once you know what you'll have.
    If you aren't going to find out the gender than i'd say go for the first one. Good luck TTC
    Anonymous

• I want one more neutral because we want other children after and I dont want to have to put out that much money if we have some of both gender. I would rather buy other gender specific items.
    Dawn07

Answer by Dawn07 at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I like them both honestly......I would also go for neutral colors.......I had a beige tone for mine, it was a graco travel system.....im not really into the whole pink stroller for a girl anyway.......it will be of much more use if you have other children.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:16 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Both of those car seats are nice. There is also a new travel system that you may want to consider. It comes with the car seat and base. The stroller is reversible when the car seat is not attached and allows Mom and baby to face each other (which I like, as it allows you to see how baby is doing). When baby is older he could face forward if he/she wants. You can see it here: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3914650
    WinterDaisey

Answer by WinterDaisey at 12:42 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I would go to Consumer Reports and see which car seat has the better rating from them. Their crash tests are better than others. I also don't like the strollers that go with the car seats. I just don't really like those types of strollers. I have a Bob Revolution and I LOVE it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:35 AM on May. 27, 2010

• option 1, the design is nicer, and it gets you 5 more pounds before you have to buy another seat. personally i won't use the infant seats at all, a convertible is more convenient for my family. i can't help you with the stroller, i don't use them much either. good luck!
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:55 AM on May. 30, 2010