If you had 2 sons would you

give them the same name but with different spelling? (example: Michael and Mikael, yes they are pronounced the same) I know(not personally know) someone that did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, but I've had twin students (well I had 1 twin, the other was in another class) and they were both Maria, but their middle names were different, so we had to use both names Maria Isabelle and Maria Yvette, I think. They were cutie pies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No way...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:45 PM on May. 26, 2010

• my boys are twins Willhelm and Bill or Will and Bill for short so yes i did it too!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No I would not

mirit.rose Will and Bill are not pronounced the same way so no you didn't, lol. Pronouncing them the same way but with different spellings is what the poster is saying.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:48 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No. That makes it too confusing when you yell at them. Unless of course you use their full names. My first three have the exact same initials though. The baby is odd one out. Couldn't find another "M" name that I liked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No. I know of a friend of a friend who was Asian and she and her husband's names were pronounced Sue, but spelled differently. Her goal was to name each of her children Sue, with different spellings.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No. I wouldn't. But I knew of a couple who did it.
    Anonymous

• Make it different. Like Sam and Dave.
    Anonymous

• No, way too confusing!
    Anonymous

• My boys have different names... LOL! All are "strong" names, though. "Conqueror of Men"; "Vessel of the Gods"; "Battle field" when translated.

Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2010