Omg my boobs hurt so bad!!

Breastfeeding is wonderful... But my baby is 8 weeks now amd iv decided to stop so i can go back to work. Pumping at work is to complacated.

How do i help with the engorgment pain?!? i just wanna grab them and cry!!

Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It might sound stupid but take lettuce leaves that and put them on your breast. Make sure that they are cold. Also, at babies R us they have a tea that they sell that is supposed to dry your milk up. I dont know if it actually works or not.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:02 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No stopping cold turkey. One feeding dropped per week till they're all gone.

You can also nurse when home, formula when not. That way you only have to droip a few feedings.

If you're set on not nursing. go get put on combination birth control. You'll be dry by the weekend; YAZ is a known supply killer.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:02 PM on May. 26, 2010

• It is cabbage leaves, not lettuce leaves for engorgement :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:03 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I purchased these ice packs for your boobs that are round, wlmart and target both had them for about $10,I couldnt have lived without these.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:04 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I was also going to say to drop a feeding at a time. Drop one every few days alternating dropping a morning then evening feeding until you are feeding 2 times a day. Then you can start pumping every other day until you are not getting any or very little. It may take a couple of weeks but it will be MUCH easier on your breast.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:11 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i stuffed my bra with ice packs.... it did hurt and i looked like a jacked up dolly parton but it did stop after a few days
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• stopping cold turkey is not a good idea, you can cause yourself to get mastitis that way. when you can at work pump or express enough by hand to relieve the pressure (you can express by hand during bathroom breaks with no supplies needed unless you want to save the milk, then you just need a bottle. otherwise soak up the milk with paper towels and throw them out). only express enough to relieve the pressure and your production will adjust quickly to your current needs whether you are still nursing at night or not.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:01 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No reason to stop just because you don't want to pump at work! Just nurse when you're together and give formula at work. That way baby is still getting the great BF benefits! If you get uncomfortable at work, you can just hand express in the bathroom to ease the pressure. Your body will adjust pretty quickly.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 2:53 AM on May. 27, 2010

• You can keep breastfeeding and not pump at work. Your body will adjust. Many women don't breastfeed for more than 8 hours at night, it's possible to go that long without breastfeeding.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:49 AM on May. 27, 2010