Why is this allowed to happen in the US?

I was watching a program about a woman who was 37 weeks pregnant and homeless. Her husband lost his job and they both looked but could not find any work . They lost their home and their child. They were living in a tent. I can't tell you how much rage I get filled with when I see things like that. This country is failing when stuff like that is happening to people willing to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah and meanwhile, people are working for cash under the table while collecting food stamps and free medical. makes me sick!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:18 PM on May. 26, 2010

• What makes me sick is that we are throwing all our nation's resources away on war and destruction. Endless war, now that's sickening. At least food stamps support life
    Anonymous

• They lost their child? That's sad.
    Anonymous

• clappingWhat makes me sick is that we are throwing all our nation's resources away on war and destruction. Endless war, now that's sickening. At least food stamps support life

Agreed- and violence begets violence.

Anonymous

• why didn't they have ANYONE they could ask for help? a parent, an aunt, a firend? it seems like they didn't try as hard as they should to take care of their family. i does suck, but they must have had fs, tanf, some sort of housing list, and what about their unemployment benefits? it's hard to believe they couldn't find a job paying minimum wage anywhere. i'm just saying...
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• because there are a lot of people more concerned with what their taxes pay for than actually doing something to help someone else
    Anonymous

• It happened because the stimulus failed, the bail-outs failed, and the mortgage bailout promise is a joke.

Poor woman, poor family.
    Anonymous

• They should have been eligible for FS and unemployment. There has to be a reason why they weren't receiving any kind of PA.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I find this hard to believe as well. Is there a link to this story? And anon...SOME of us are capable of of being concerned about corrupt ways that our taxes are used AND helping those TRULY in need. I am sorry if that is beyond YOUR intelligence :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:02 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I'm sure there was more to the story than that they couldn't find work and lost their kid. There must be a reason why even a place like mcdonalds won't hire them.
    Anonymous