YMCA financial aid???

anyone know anything about this?? do they pay/is it cheaper for your child to be in sports/swimming lessons what proof do you need to show your low income?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My local YMCA has rates based on income. And they offer scholarships for low income kids to go to day camp in the summer if they qualify. But every location is different.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:07 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I have a scholorship to the YMCA here and I get 60 percent off all youth activities as well
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 10:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I remember qualifying back in the 90's for that and I think I only paid like $40 per month for my 3 children to take swim lessons, attend before & after school care, and attend their summer day camp. This was up in ME and we had an awesome Y. Check with yours to find out...it honestly does not hurt to ask!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:04 AM on May. 27, 2010