Do any of you get depressed about anniversaries?

June is almost here and with it I have to remember all the people who died in my family last year. I have been getting more and more down as the dates approach.

I have talked with my doctor about it and she said it is completely normal and to try to take each day as it comes. If it were only that easy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• Well I do find that I am really sad when the day approaches then when it is here I am ok. So Yeah I understand what your talking about. Seems like it is more on my mind. Deep sigh. I don't know how to help you. Keep talking and writing do any thing that helps you. Some times getting it out in the open helps other times keeping your mind busy helps. If you want to talk to im me please feel free. i can listen and offer up some reinforcement and sympathy too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:51 AM on May. 27, 2010

• yeah, i still get upset about my mom passing and she died on march 1, 2002 so it's been 8 years already. i know how it feels..... you still miss them and i don't think that will ever go away. i guess we just get used to the hurt after awhile. gl.... i know it's hard but you'll be ok
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:17 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Definitely! i have an unfortunate mind for dates. I remember and have anxiety on October 28th every year, (the day we found out my son's diagnoses and my world turned upsdie-down)... September 5th, (the day we knew his first two brain usrgeries had failed)... And tons of other dates like that. I also remember the date that my good friend killed himself in highschool, and the date of the funerals of three of my friend's children that passed away, (all with severe special needs like my son)...
    I think some people just hold on to dates like that, and it's like if you give yourself some time to mourn once a year, maybe you can function like a human the rest of the year...? *HUGS* to you!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 10:40 PM on May. 26, 2010