Do you think this is a healthy situation for a child?

Habby and I have a night club so we work during the night and sleep during the day. We have a 3-year-old daughter who has so far been following our routine. We all go to sleep at around 6 in the morning and sleep for 6-8 hours (dd sleeps 9-11 hours). She is going to be homeschooled so I am not worried about getting her to change her routine for school, but she practically misses days and lives at night. I am willing to hire a girl to do my job down at the club and be with my dd so she can have a normal routine but that would mean dd and I wouldn't see hubby very often. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, thats your life style, if thats what works for your family, continue doing what you do.
    But if it were me, I would want her to enjoy the daytime.Theres so much more to do during the daylight hours for children. Then again, living like a vampire has it upsides too,lol.
    Do what you feel is best.
    Anonymous

• I would hire someone. I am sure that there will be time to spend with DH but your dd needs some daytime
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If that's how your household runs and the kids are going to be homeschooled then I see nothing wrong with it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• what about social interaction with other children?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:30 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Who takes care of her while the club is open?
    why can't you just put her in a daycare while you sleep?
    it just seems she is missing out on so much.
    what about her future when she is grown?
    How will she fit in as an adult because her childhood was not the same as everyone else?
    You are molding her right now and it will set her up for a lifetime...how do you want her to be as an adult? that structure happens now,,,not in the future when they are out on their own...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• My sister takes care of her while the club is open but the club is on the ground floor and our apartment is on the 3rd floor of the same building so I do get to see her during the night. If I put her in a daycare during the day and she sleeps while I'm awake, when am I going to see her?
    I think you're right though, she's missing out on a lot. I should just stop working at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 27, 2010

• my situation was sort of like that...of course i ultimately arranged for a care taker for my son and switched to a half and half schedule so my son could have a "normal" schedule whatever normal really is....but ive had to compromise alot to make it happen as well...like time with my husband...but its what is working best for the majority of th family...every family is different so go with what u feel is right for yours
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 12:22 AM on May. 28, 2010