What do you think of the word.....

PENIS....
My husband is telling my boys that it is a bad word.
My boys are 5 and 6 years old.
I do not think there is anything wrong with them calling there pee pee a penis after all isnt that what it is?
Do you think it is a bad word?

hisblueeyes

Asked by hisblueeyes at 10:38 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what does he want them to call it? lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:38 PM on May. 26, 2010

• LOL! I dont think its a bad word. My little man calls his a wee wee. hehe But its really up to the parents :)
    Anonymous

• it is what it is. they should not be afraid to call it what it is.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• it's the medical term for that part of the anatomy. would he be more comfortable with phallus?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:40 PM on May. 26, 2010

• haha! I was trying to picture a 5 and 6 year old calling it thie phallus. Seriously though, I agree with Jademom, it's a medical term. What does he expect?
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:45 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My son calls his a penis. Your husband is an idiot.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Ugh... i'm a total prude. I HATE those words... however, I'm trying REALLY hard not to rub my neurosis off on my children... My older son uses a computer talking machine to help him communicate, and there is a page with all the body parts, (so he could tell us where he hurts or whatever), and of course he found the PENIS button, and him and my 3 year old think it is HILLARIOUS to make his machine say it! It took all my will power to just take it in stride and say, "yes you both have a penis." instead of telling them not to say it! lol
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• WHY? It's what their body part is. They need to call it that and not some silly 'pet' name.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 10:48 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I've never called it that around my kids yet. I call it their peepee and they know it is private. They are just now learning my "mommy's milk" are called breasts lol
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:48 PM on May. 26, 2010

• well of course it isn't a bad word? Is nose a bad word? What else are they supposed to call it?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:54 PM on May. 26, 2010