Chris Dodd on the oil spill blame game

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/05/breaking-chris-dodd-blames-bush-for-gulf-oil-spillactual-video.html

To quote the LATimes blog: "You'll never guess which recent Republican president Dodd tries to finger for last month's underwater blowout."

Seriously?

When does Obama get to start taking responsibility for the things that happen on his watch? When do people stop buying this crap?

What do you think of Dodd's finger pointing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am so tired of the blame Bush game. It is getting really old, now. Why don't they focus on fixing the problem, and THEN they can analyze, and theorize, and contemplate to their heart's desire. And it still won't (really) be Bush's fault.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:26 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i think they need to stop the bs and just get the mess under control and cleaned up. i'm so sick of this 'blame game' and not doing a damn thing about it. so frustrating
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I think Bush was in office 9 months when terrorist leveled the Twin Towers. Any indication that Clinton may have missed some cues prior to January 2001 was always poo-poo'd and the left / media were quick to say "Can't blame Clinton, this happened on Bush's watch." Yet *some* seem prepared to let Obama go 4 years pointing over his shoulder and saying "not me. He did it."    As I tell my kids, at some point you HAVE to start taking responsibility for your own actions (or in this case, your own lack of action post-disaster.) 

Someone with an oval shaped office needs to man up. no Federal bureaucrat caused this. However, there *are* things the feds could have done to help earlier that may have made a difference and they didn't. This WH is slow to act over EVERYTHING to date. At some point the general public will get tired of watching the Administration wait to see which way the wind blows before they act.
    Anonymous

• I think there is a grotesque double standard. The same arguments used to support the inaction by the Adminstration today were torn to shreads by the Dodd's of the world during the previous adminstration. I expect that of the Dodd's of the world. The fact that the general populous let's them get away with it is just mind blowing.

Did Obama cause the leak? No. Neither did Bush.

Could the administration done more, sooner and made an impact in cleaning it? some say yes. Some say no. Irregardless, something needs to be done and instead of doing it, we're too busy vacationing and trying to figure out how to make it someone else's fault. Lovely. I miss the good old fashioned Presidents that knew how to lead by taking the reigns and not flinching when it got a little hot in the kitchen.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Well of course Bush caused the leak. Any man that can form a hurricane and set it on a direct course with a particular geographic location just because he's racist can certainly sit on his ranch in TX and trigger an oil spill in the Gulf using his telepathic powers.

And yes, I am being facetious.
    Anonymous

• It was the laugh of my day when I heard that. LOL I love it when Dems show their true STUPID colors. Dodd probably figure since he is leaving soon he can throw out just anything he wants and hope it sticks. Sure there are some idiots who will agree with him but for even many Libs, thats a big stretch.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:07 AM on May. 27, 2010

• It should be BP's responsibilty,don't you think??
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:26 AM on May. 27, 2010