ok i am not usually one to judge people but am i the only one who thinks this is just wrong?

so our nextdoor neighbors little boy who plays with my kids (mind u he is 10) was outside kicking a soccer ball around with his 6 or 7 yr old sister on the sidewalk- at around 10:30pm and he has school tomorrow (he told me so when i asked him) and I didn't see any adult out there with them! and to make it worse i am pretty sure its the same woman who left her newborn in a stroller out on the sidewalk with a little 4 or 5 yr old boy yesterday for long enough for me to come out of my house (with my 4 boys) and get in my car and pull of to go shopping ( which i did very slowly to see just how long it took for her to come out, which was too long for my comfort) dont u know it takes less than 5 minutes for your child to be snatched? and not to mention i don't live in the best of areas- if this mess keeps up im sorry but dyfs will be called!
am i wrong?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 11:38 PM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Feel better? It must feel good to be a perfect parent.

If you are so concerned, why not TALK TO THE PARENT, instead of ratting her out to the authorities, you coward?
    Anonymous

• No, I agree with you.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You are probably just being too nosey and over reacting. But if it makes you feel superior, then go ahead and call CPS tonight!!

Anonymous

• I agree with you also!!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Since when do you have to be perfect to be concerned? I am not sure WHEN this mentality formed. It's really kinda sad. I understand not wanting to talk to the parent. Exactly HOW do you broach THAT subject without someone jumping down your throat! And with all the crazies out there....without worrying about retaliation. I used to work in a daycare and we had to take classes because it was licensed. One of them was given by DHR and the woman made a point. She said, we dont want your kids. We dont want to come and snatch your babies away. The FIRST thing they will do is just take a look around. If they arent neglected or in danger they are fine. If they ARE then you may have REALLY helped some kids. They ALSO dont just get thrown into the system. They TRY and place them with family first......IF there is even a NEED! Think about this......how will you feel if something bad happens if you dont :( Good luck!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If you have such a problem with it, talk to the Mother. You obviously have no idea what can of worms you are opening on the family if you don't try and talk to her first. CPS is a HUGE deal. Talking to her is not.

You pick your own battles, but you are really stepping out of line with this one.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 11:57 PM on May. 26, 2010

• to anon 41: thank u very much for ur input and Godbless u but i am far from perfect but i sure wouldn't leave my newborn or any child for that matter alone out on the sidewalk sleeping in a stroller with a 4 or 5 yr old to watch him/her- and i would talk to the parent if it wasn't for the language gap- she doesn't speak english- and those who call others cowards should not hide behind the anon button
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:57 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If you feel like it is a concern then I would call. I know I would feel horrible if i was in your position and one of the kids got hurt or worse. GL
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:59 PM on May. 26, 2010

• anon :45- i do feel superior if i save a child from molestation or kidnapping or worse by being a concerned neighbor- and thank u for stopping by- god bless and i pray that nothing bad happens to ur children because if u are agreeing with what this lady does then u must be doing the same to ur kids in which case i hope u never have to go through the heartache of losing a child and I hope u get smart before anything does happen
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:00 AM on May. 27, 2010

• thank u to all the other comments that are understanding and concerned for these kids as i am
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:02 AM on May. 27, 2010