How much does your 1 year old sleep?

My 16 month old sleeps 12 hours throughout the night, awake for 3 hours, sleeps for 2, awake for 3, sleeps for like 1 1/2 hours. Is this too much sleeping?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 11:39 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 1 yr old sleeps for 10-12 hrs usually through out the night unless hes teething. and then he usually takes a morning nap about an hour, and an evening nap about an hour. sometimes he naps longer though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Too much sleep for someone so little is impossible. My 2 year old used to do the same thing at that age, but she got out of the habit after being more active in the day (i.e. taking walks outside, playing at the park, etc.). But my 1yr. old now sleeps 12hrs. through the night, is up by 7:30 EVERY morning, and only takes one nap the entire day; and that is usually around 11AM or 12PM. Cherish the many naps while they are still around because you'll be wondering why they are still running around without a nap for so long later. Teehee!
    Always_Hopeful

Answer by Always_Hopeful at 12:11 AM on May. 27, 2010

• My son is 11 months and also sleeps like that. He sleepa from 930pm to 930am. Gets up and has breakfast and plays. Has formula at 1130-12 and sleeps till around 1-130. has lunch at 230 and plays till 4 then more formula and down again till 5-530 then dinner at 630 and formula bath and bed by 930. of course some days hes off and sleeps longer naps or shorter naps and if were out it kinda throws things off but this is his average home schedule :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:29 AM on May. 27, 2010

• That's pretty close to what my son slept when he was 1. A couple months later he dropped his morning nap.

Answer by missanc at 7:25 AM on May. 27, 2010