my 1 yr old son shows all of the "signs" that hes ready for potty training...but is it too soon to start the process.

he loves to immitate his father and i like putting deoderant on (pretend of course) and loves to brush his teeth he says thankyou and has always been a little more advanced than other babies...but is it too early for him to understand the concept of potty training?

april262009

Asked by april262009 at 11:45 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well what are all the signs? does he wake up from sleeping with a dry diaper? does he tell you he has to go before he goes? idk what the other stuff you said has to do with potty training truthfully
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• imitating is something babies do in general. doesnt mean he's ready to potty train, but t doesnt hurt to start doing some research...join a potty training group on here for advice and tips. It's always good to be prepared ahead of time
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:48 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My 16 month old does all of those things and will say the step by step process of what I do while I pee and shes in the bathroom with me go pee pee, wipe, say bye bye to the potty, and wash your hands...and I still don't think she is ready for it. I'm not sure when to know when they are ready...when will SHE know that she has to go?
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• maybe get him a little potty of his own and see how it goes. if it doesnt work, wait a while and try again. i know some kids that were trained that young.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:12 AM on May. 27, 2010

• It's never too early to at least try. You might get lucky. Expect accidents though. That bladder is still developing.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on May. 27, 2010

• thanks for the supportive avice...as for princessbeth79 obviously those examples have nothing to do with potty traing...i was explaining how he immitates which just so happens to be a useful tool in teaching your child how to do things like potty traing...the signs i was talking about was that he tells me when he needs his diaper changed, he brings me the diapers and wipes to change him and when hes wearing pull-ups ( we use them so he cant rip his diaper off and pee and poop on uor carpets) he will help us to put them on him by sitting or lifting his legs to put them in. so your answer wasnt useful at all, just snobby and rude.. i guess though u feel the need to give any advice because your an expert right? well i know that im not an expert like you so thats why i posted the question in the first place.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 11:55 PM on May. 27, 2010

• try. what have you got to lose but dirty diapers?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:11 AM on May. 28, 2010