scared

im 28weeks and im dialted 3 right now im having contractions and im on pills every 8 hours to stop them i have to make it 7 more weeks do you think ill make it to 35weeks i sure hope so////////////,,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my old roommate had this problem. she had her son at what the doc said was 34 weeks but he was perfectly healthy and weighed almost 9 lbs. i hope you make it though!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:53 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I think a baby will come when it needs to, unless there truly is something off with how your body is timing things. Like a faulty oven timer, just you're not cooking a turkey this time.
    Anyhow, if it were me, and not saying you haven't done this, research the pills you're taking. Research like crazy. Information is your best defense....and offence really. In some cases it might be better for baby to come early rather than force him to stay in with medications.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 27, 2010

• At 28 weeks the babies chance of survival is about 90% given immediate care in a NICU. However, there are still considerable risks to having a baby that premature. I say if you trust your doctor, and if you are strong enough to do so, hang in there. If it gets worse, go to the hospital! I assume they have you on bed rest?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Yeah, if the pills don't seem to work you can go to the hospital and they can give you stronger stuff. What you need to do is put yourself on bed rest. Try not to be too active.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• okay. feet up. pick up nothing heavier than a loaf of bread. do nothing stressful. nothing painful. bed rest. and take heart. if the baby does come early, its not necessarily going to kill him...but do try to have the baby at a hospital with a nicu. they saved my son's life. he came at 35 weeks.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:10 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i had my baby 3 months early which she wasnt breathing but they got to her in time she did good this first week of life and then she stopped breathing again and now she is 1 month old tiny as hell still in nicu getting bigger abd prettier everyday,,,
    my water broke 3 weeks later she came yeah the pills didnt work i was on bed rest...... she almost died but is very strong now she cant eat yet thats the only thing keeping her in the hospital.. thanks all...
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 2:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010