Sometimes, all we can do as moms, is be there, does that make sense?

My dd came home from her teen bible study tonight and told me that the teen pastor is leaving. He baptized her about a year ago, she went to this amazing bible camp for the teens, and he just woke her up to so much. She came in the front door right now and told me he was leaving and told me she wanted to be alone. She asked me for tissue and I brought her a new box of kleenex. Asked if she wanted to talk, and she said that she wanted to be alone, needed to be alone. I wish I could kiss this boo boo good bye and make it all better. Its so hard to let go, to let them feel and leave them alone and respect their feelings. I cant even explain it right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• But the great thing is she will see that you're honoring her feelings and her trust will grow even deeper in you, so when she does come around eventually and want to talk then she will know that you are there for her and come to you. Good luck, Momma.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:58 AM on May. 27, 2010

• SHE WILL GET OVER HIM !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes I know what you mean. It's so hard, but we have to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on May. 27, 2010

• you are an awesome mom. let her have her time. make sure she knows you are there for her and in a day or so, offer to go somewhere and do somethign fun with her.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:00 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Really? She's this upset over a pastor leaving? She kind of needs to develop a thicker skin mom...over the next few years lots of people will be coming in and out of her life.
    Anonymous

• At this age, it's best to let her be alone but also let her know that you're there if and when she wants to talk. Please don't belittle her feelings such as "You'll get over it, it's only a pastor, etc." Her feelings are as real to her as our adult feelings are to us. She will get over it but that's probably the worst thing you could say right now. I have 2 teen daughters so I do know what I'm talking about.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:56 PM on May. 31, 2010