Have YOU personally experienced any DIRECT consequences of the Oil Catastrophe?

Oily rain, breathing problems, rash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not at all.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:05 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No, not yet anyway. But then, I do live pretty far from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I don't live anywhere near there, but the businesses near there are being hit pretty hard. Hotels were supposed to be at 90% capacity over Memorial Day weekend, but most are only sitting around 10%-15% because of so many people canceling trips.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on May. 27, 2010

• We live in Panama City, which is in the Florida panhandle. DH works security in what is billed as one of the biggest nightclubs in the country out in Panama City Beach, which is a different "town" if you will. They haven't seen any lost business yet from lack of tourism, but with the summer just starting, that isn't strange.
    We've already decided that we really want to move from here because the whole area is so tourist oriented that if people stop coming to the beaches, our whole economy is going to suffer. Things can get tight here as it is, if businesses start closing, it's just going to get worse.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:43 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Me personally no, my family...Yes. My parents are fishers, crabbers, and shrimpers in Mississippi.
    TemptMagick7

Answer by TemptMagick7 at 7:54 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Not yet, but there's concern that the slick will get caught up in a stream once it hits the open seas and head up the coast. I live 5 miles from the Atlantic in NJ. There's talk that the oil could reach our beaches at some point. That'd impact our local economy (we too are tourist heavy this time of year) and it'd be an environmental issue for our parks and beaches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on May. 27, 2010

• people keep sending me these invites on fb to not buy bp gas, seriously.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:31 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:03 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:16 PM on May. 27, 2010

• We are in the houston/galveston area. No effect to our area that i know off.. But it doesnt mean we should care less :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:30 PM on May. 27, 2010