when the kids are home

Hi I am Courtney, I'm 36 married for 16 years with a 15 yo son. DH and I want to pep up the love live and start making love more often! We both work and have to be up verrrrry early so waiting for our son to go to bed is out. DH dosent mind but I feel weird having sex when our son is awake and in the house I worry he will knock on the door and disturb as and stuff, my hubby says not to worry but I feel like I cant totally let loose with him around the house. Two things is DH right am I making too big a deal outta this should I just lock the door and go wild? Second DH and I have talked about setting an earlier bed time for him, so we can have alone time. He's 15 we were thinking making a 9-930 bed time, I think 830-9 would be better for us, I am not sure how my son will react though? What do you guys think?

Cshaw73

Asked by Cshaw73 at 2:10 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Lol,,you want to put a teenage boy to bed between 8:30-9:00? Lock the bedroom door. Its ok to lock the bedroom door. You and hubby deserve private time too,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• That seems awfully early for a 15 y/o IMO. I dont see the problem if you go to bed and have sex, if your son stays up till 10 but you go to bed at 9 it isnt as if he will be sitting outside your door listening. I think you are over thinking this. my oldest is 12 he knows our bedroom is off limits if the door is closed except for emergencies. We keep our bedroom door open if we are not having sex.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:31 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel! knowing he is home and wondering about kind of kills the mood doesn't it? I have gone through the same thing, and in several occassions we have stayed the night at a hotel just to relax and stop the wondering mind. You should try it!

Answer by older at 10:22 AM on May. 27, 2010

• He is 15.. How often does he really leave his room & need you?... At 15 he can 100% fend for himself... So I wouldnt change his bed time.. Just you & hubby start "going to bed early".... Even if its 7pm...Just inform your son 1st "Me & dad are going to bed do you need anything? No. Ok Ill see you in the morning, dont stay up past your bedtime we may check on you." ... Or something like that..
    Then go in your bedroom & have fun!
    Im sure your son wont notice anything... On the weekends Id try to get him out of the house more- give him more friend time, fun with family..
    You & your husbands relationship is very important to your family.. Happy mom & dad teaches kids (all ages) amazing things about healthy relationships.. He wont realize now but maybe one day he will have a family and go OMG my parents became super happy when they started "bedtime" at 7pm.. (light goes on!)..He will be happy about it not disgusted!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:28 PM on May. 27, 2010

• We have 3 kids, 14yr old boy, 13 yr old girl and a 4yr old boy.
    Heres what we do, we get the bigger kids to watch the little one, put on a dvd or something, then we give them some treats and we go into our room and lock the door.
    They have done the Sex Ed thing at school, they know what we are doing and guess what, they arnt going to go kill themselves over it. Hell, im sure they would rather not know about it but thats just too bad. We love each other and making love is part of our relationship. If your son is 15yrs old, I would he would be well aware of sex and they would have have had "the talk" at school and rather than hide it, just do whats natural.
    Before anyone jumps down my throat, we LOCK the door and we are as quiet as we can be. The only issue that ever crops up is when our 4yr old decides he needs to see us urgently, then our time is over pretty quickly.
    Why is there a need to hide something like this from a teen?
    Anonymous