trying to quit smoking

I am currently pregnant with #3...I have put down the cigarettes and I was just wondering if there are any natural ways I can reduce the overwhelming cravings and physical withdrawal symptoms. It's driving me crazy!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Health

• It might sound crazy but here are a few things I did (and if I quit, ANYONE can--literally). Every time I had a craving, I would scream (in my head) NO, YOU WILL NOT WIN, and I would picture a cig. I reminded myself that it feels like the worst break-up of your life, but it's the boyfriend who wants to kill you. Also, remember...you struggle when you smoke b/c you want to quit, it's a war within yourself. When you are not smoking, it is just a different war!
    I have been smoke free for over a year now and am really proud of myself. I still LOVE the smell of cigs but never want to be a smoker again!!
    Good luck....you can do it!!!
    zetta816

Answer by zetta816 at 9:53 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Have you tried Chantix?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 27, 2010

• try quitnet.com it is a very motivating website. Hang signs of your goals all over the house..especially on the door you would go out to smoke. I had to quit talking on the phone because it was my main smoking time. Ask your doctor about the patch ..dont know if it is safe while pregnant. Make your goals positive. I DONT WANT CANCER on your door. BE AT DD'S WEDDING! I read stories online of health problems. One was called the day I brought home my oxygen tank..very helpful!!! You can do I it. I never wanted to quit and Im almos 2 yrs smoke free now!! REward yourself with the money you save and go for a walk if the cravings get bad. They will pass!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:32 AM on May. 27, 2010