marriage..How after 15 years of marriage with 2 kids do u tell ur husband you want a divorce?

There is just nothing there anymore.We used to just fight all the time. And now i feel like we r just here.I did leave for a month but came back because of my kids.I feel like Im the awful one! I dont know what to do anymore...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• just do it. grab a quiet moment without the kids, and just tell him. sometimes both parties hang on endlessly for whatever reason, waiting (hoping?) for the other to start the process. no one wants a divorce..but it happens. just tell him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:11 AM on May. 27, 2010

• only if you want a divorce. otherwise you're just being mean.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I'd just tell him This isn't working so let's go our separate ways.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Sit down with him, tell him how you're feeling, give him a chance to say what he feels, and talk about it. It's a huge change in both of your lives, and your children, so you're going to have to be gentle about it. Keep your children at the front of your mind through the whole process, always remember it will be much easier if you both keep the best interests of the children in mind. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:49 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Have you tried talking to him about how you feel? Marriage counseling? Working together?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:05 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I don't think there is a way to tell him without hurting him.but you don't have to be mean.I'd just be honest with him about how you feel.Tell him what you wrote here.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:40 AM on May. 27, 2010

• "[Insert husband's name], I don't think there's anything left for us anymore. We're just going through the motions and I think that we should get a divorce." Be honest, be direct, and stand up for your feelings.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:43 AM on May. 27, 2010