Pee on the seat - pee on the floor - I am mad as HE**

My son is 9 and has been lifting the seat for years... Out of the blue, he STOPS! He pees everywhere and lies about it. I watch him, I punish him, I make him clean up. He will NOT STOP. I work too hard to clean up after him while potty training my 3 year old... Ideas????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• start locking the bathroom door & make him get a key from you when he has to go. Inspect the bathroom before & after. Its bc you're potty training the other one, he just wants attention!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:26 AM on May. 27, 2010

• You can give him the chore of cleaning the bathroom daily. Maybe if he has to clean it up he will start to be more careful.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 8:27 AM on May. 27, 2010

• um, just keep making sure he cleans it, he'll eventually listen and just lift the lid (maybe). give him some cleaner and make that kid clean the whole bathroom not just the pee everytime he does it. he's old enough he can clean.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:27 AM on May. 27, 2010

• My two boys, 9 & 6, were doing this. I finally told them that from that day on, if I found pee on the seat, lid, floor, etc., each time I found it, they would clean the bathroom. After cleaning the bathroom 3 times in one day, they got the message. Haven't had a problem since.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:00 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Boys are lazy that's boys. My 4 year-old potty trained at age 2 and sometimes he will find a corner of his room to pee in! I know that's gross. We figured out that more than anything that he has, he loves his little spider man watch. We took it away for a day and he never did that again! Your punishment isn't stiff enough because he doesn't really care about the consequences that much. That's what we were running into with my oldest. Find something that he loves more than anything...it may take some thinking on your part, but that is usually the most effective in getting them to stop a behavior that you really can't stand.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:48 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Make him clean up his own mess. Tell him that if he doesn't stop peeing all over the place, then he'll have [insert favorite toy/game] taken away. That everytime he misuses the bathroom he will get something else taken away. Soon he will not be able to go to a friend's house, etc. Start taking away his privliages. If he can't respect your home and help keep it clean, then he won't be able to have any freedom or fun.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Good Luck. Really. Good Luck,lol.
    My son is 10. I can not count the times I have sat on the toilet and found myself sitting in a puddle of pee from the toilet seat.
    I have explained, I have asked gently, I have asked nicely, I have yelled,I have went and gotten him from whatever he was doing to go clean the toilet, I have posted a sign on the wall behind the toilet saying"DO NOT PEE ON THE SEAT OR THE FLOOR IF YOU DO, CLEAN IT!" ... and still...every day...there sits the pee.Dribbles of pee,Puddles of pee,Hidden pee,Clear sneaky pee,Bright yellow pee,pee pee pee pee PEE! LOL.
    I remember my mom going through this with my twin brothers when we were kids.They are 23 now.When they come over..guess what? They still leave puddles on my toilet seat. Go figure. I don't think they have no control or aim over that thing.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:59 AM on May. 27, 2010

• He has to clean the bathroom - top to bottom, tub, toilet, sink, floor, etc. EVERYTHING. By himself. End of story!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:24 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Oh I know what you are going through!! I have learned to leave the seat up at night, because there is a 13 yr. old who does that!! I have stepped in pee on the floor and I have sat in it, as well. I hate it!! I know it's a bathroom, but it doesn't have to smell like a urinal.
    I told him that everytime he asks to play the playstation(which is every night that he is here), he is going to use part of his hour to clean the toilet first, then he can play. Haven't seen any pee yet, because he knows I mean it. He's 13 and he should be able to pay attention!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Make him clean up the bathroom every time he makes a mess.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 7:35 PM on May. 30, 2010