How much did your baby weigh at 8/9 months?

Does anyone know what percentile a 8 month old @ 18lbs would be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son weighed between 19-21 lbs probably, but he's been at or about 95% since he was born so you shouldn't use that as a standard. 2 women i work with were pregnant with me and we all gave birth within the same week, and my son shot up in weight/height above their little girls.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 8:39 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Baby Center has a calculator you can use to determine your baby/child's percentile rankings for height and weight. It aslo has calculators to estimate how tall your child is likely to be as an adult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Be aware that percentiles only mean that x number of babies are larger, and x number are smaller. Since we are ALL larger or smaller than others (unbless you're the World's Tallest Man or the World's Smallest Man)...that info is of no earthly use to anyone.

Yours sounds DANDY. Remember that what OTHER babies weigh matters not a whit...yours should double birthweight by six months, triple by one year. If he's doing that, he's FINE.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:35 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I don't remember what my son weighed at that time but my daughter was about 15-16 pounds at that age. I don't know what percentile she was in but her pediatrician said she was underweight...but not dangerously so. She's just a petite girl. She is 15 months now and weighs 20 pounds,5 ounces. She has a very skinny midsection but let me tell you...she's slready getting my families thighs! lol. poor thing.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:03 AM on May. 27, 2010

• At 18 lbs an 8 month old boy would be around the 25th percentile. If its a girl at 18lb and 8 months she would be in the 50th percentile. Boys and girls have different growth charts. I found this info on the wic mandated growth charts. I hope that helps :) And at 9 months my son was 20lb 03oz and 29 inches long :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:09 PM on May. 27, 2010