About Dancing with the Stars

So I don't watch this show, but I see updates of it on the cable news networks. I see that Nicole whats-her-name won it, and I am a little confused. Since she is a singer/dancer/performer professionally, why was she allowed to compete in this? Doesn't her background give her a totally unfair advantage over everyone else? Isn't it sort of like allowing a professional singer to compete on American Idol?
Somebody help me out here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• I only just watched this season bcz of Ocho...but, I asked the same question. In fact, Evan, the gold medal winner has a background that would have assisted him if he won too. He was in the last 2 huh? IDK....ya got me? lol Furthurmore, how is/was Kate Gosselin a celeb? I think these days they are picking ones who they think will boost their ratings...dance background or not, celeb or not. My hubby only watched bcz of Pam Anderson and the skimpy costumes. lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing.
    let's what the ladies have to say bc I sure don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Because it's different dancing. Ballroom dancing is much different from hip hop/pop dancing. It would be like going from singing opera to singing nursery rhymes. I'm sure it gave her an advantage, but one of the other finalists (Erin) didn't have any dancing background and I thought she did better!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:24 PM on May. 27, 2010