Smelly...down there (TMI)

Lately I've been really stinky down there. It smells like underarm sweat from a man! It's really bad, I mean really bad! Being home I usually won't wear underwear but I can't stand the smell anymore! What can be causing the smell? I shower every day & take care to clean well down there, I trimmed my hair & keep the bikini lines shaved... its coming from the outside, not inside..if I stick my fingers inside & smell it smells like it always has...Please HELP!!! What's making this stench & how do I get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Health

• I went because I had a smell once I found out I was pregnant. I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. No real alarm, just an overgrowth of the normal bacteria inside, and it will cause a smell outside. I was given a 7-day antibiotic, and I am sure to use the Summer's Eve Feminine Wash... it's a special deodorant soap that kills the odor-causing bacteria in the area. I cannot say enough good things about that wash! My 12yo sister uses it as well as my mom, some of my friends, because I've recommended it so much.

Also, limit yourself for a while to just plain-jane cotton panties. No thongs, no polyester, just the cotton briefs. This will allow your "space" to breathe a little better, and maybe will eliminate the odors too.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• fungus? infection? STD? IDK... maybe you need to go to your local health department (if you don't have a doctor) and get checked out!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:55 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Use Summers eve feminine wash and the feminine spray.(Not the douche) It's probably the warm weather giving you problems...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Swab some deodorant on your inner thighs.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:02 AM on May. 27, 2010

• OP here: went to dr recently for yearly checkup & she shrugged (looking for a new one for so many reasons), know its not an std-yearly test. Could it be a sign of a hormone imbalance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Well, if you recently went to the doctor, maybe it is from the summer heat (as PP said)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:30 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Use your toothbrush! it works!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I have been to the Dr. for having a strange smell down there. I'm suprised your Dr. just "shrugged" because my gyno did everyhting she could to determine what it was. She did not stop testing until she got an answer. I ended up having an infection & i had to go on antibiotics. They can easily test anything that comes from down there & it's really not that hard for them to figure out what it is. You need to go BACK to the Dr....a NEW Dr. because your other one must be retarded. You need to get tested & ask your new Dr. what it is. No one here on CM can tell you why your Yoni stinks, only a Dr. can do that.

Go find a new Dr. & have them check you out again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 27, 2010

• And I just reread your post, I was told at my last appt that it is very important to wear panties because the vagina is a self-cleaning oven. If the stuff that's cleaned out has nowhere to adhere and dry, it will collect on your skin and cause a horrible smell too. Just a word to the wise! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:57 AM on May. 27, 2010