Recurring Yeast infections

I have had this problem since I got Pregnant! It will NOT go away..I even got hubby treated..and didnt have sex till he was cleared up. I have tried EVERYTHING.. What can I do to help clear this up. It is getting really frusterating!! Short of having to use a condom every time there is intercourse is kind of annyoing..and breaks the mood.

Any tips? I find cranberry juice helps me the most!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Health

• Honestly, i had to stop wearing under ware because of recurring infections down there. It helped tremendously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Maybe ask your OB, they may be able to give you something. Also eat A LOT of yogurt. It has live active cultures and will help balance you out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:58 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Well first of all ask your doctor,, but eating alot of yogurt helps balance your PH in your system,,, I had this problem up until I was about 5 months along,,,,I can feel your pain,,,it is the worst feeling in the world,,, okay TMI but you can put unflavored yogurt in your vajaja and that does help normalize the PH<<< A midwife told me about this,, I only did it at night,,,when I was able to lay down,,but it did provide some relief! Good luck momma,, boy or girl?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:00 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Get checked for auto-immune disorders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 27, 2010

• auto immune disorders? I never thought of that! Will talk to Dr about that.

I could take a pill..but I am still BF.. I had a baby girl in October 5th 2009!

I will get some yogurt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Wait are you pregnant now or just had the baby and are still BF? I am confused. If you are not pregnant you can get over the counter medicine. It may clear it up but make sure whatever you are using is used for the entire time not just until symptoms are gone.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:28 AM on May. 27, 2010

• You can also take acidopholis (sp?) it is a probiotic..it is what is in yogurt but then you dont have to eat yogurt. Try to look i up online. Some yogurts havesugar so it is counter productive to eat them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:28 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Eat yogurt and garlic and watch your sugar intake. Also antibiotics will increase the chances of getting yeast infections.
    I get them really easy when I'm not pregnant, and even more so when I am. I can't even drink a pop without getting an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I would look into probiotics. I use PB8. It is equal to 50 servings of yogurt a day.  http://www.vitacost.com/Nutrition-Now-PB-8-Pro-Biotic-Acidophilus-for-Life  I get it at a local herbalist but keep in mind that you need to refrigerate it to keep it fresh.  I have had yeast infections since I was 15 @ 7 per year and since I have been taking this, I haven't had a single one in 3 years.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:45 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No NO, Im not pregnant..

MommyCan

Answer by MommyCan at 9:05 PM on May. 27, 2010