Response from someone on Craigslist - sound "off" to you?

I made a post recently on Craigslist listing the things that we are still in need of for the new baby. I also mentioned how we're on a tight budget so good prices are essential. Anyhow, I just got this response and I'm just not sure if this sounds like a good idea.
----------------------------
"Hello,
I may not have the things on your list, but I do have some things that I would like to send you for free.
These items were suppose to be for a baby girl's shower, but that didn't happen.
If you would send me your mailing address, I will send you the items and you can use them yourself or donate them to someone who can.
Thanks,
Chuck & Jim"
----------------------------
Does this sound "off" to you? The first thing that's getting me is that it's from two men. And the two men are asking for my address. If YOU had received this, how (if at all) would you respond?

MamaPyratekk

Asked by MamaPyratekk at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Shopping

• I'd go with my gut. If you think it's worth a shot, try meeting up at the local McDonald's with your S/O just in case. I would never give out my address to someone that sounded fishy.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'm just curious, seeing I never have done anything with craglist how you would "get" the items you are in need of? Did you plan on pick them up? Or having them mail to your home?
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I wouldn't respond. Maybe they are heartbroken because they didn't get to give the shower or the baby girl never appeared. Maybe her name is Chuck? I would refer them to freecycle.org or someone else will come along and take them up on it. maybe legit but since it's a little off, pass.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• "I'm just curious, seeing I never have done anything with craglist how you would "get" the items you are in need of? Did you plan on pick them up? Or having them mail to your home?"

You can go and post an ad in the "Wanted" section. Then you can proceed how you feel comfortable. For me, I typically will meet up with the person somewhere to look at the items. Then I can buy them :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If you decide to meet them, I would definitely meet up with them at a very public place like Renee said - a McDonalds, etc. Be sure to go with someone else - a hubby or someone male.
    Samantha99985

Answer by Samantha99985 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Get a P.O box if you want them sent to you. That way if it's some nut just looking to steal your baby or hurt you you wont get burned.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Thanks for the reply...I would say just arrange to meet at a public place to see the stuff...and go from there.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008