Do your kids have some kind of "Tic"?

If so what is it and please be specific.
mine does this twitch with head.
What could be causing this?

Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no but both my kids have the bobble head syndrome! it is where they are getting an attitude and start bobbling their heads when talking. they are 3 and 5....my 3 year old even gets that finger going. it is cute and irritating all at the same time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 27, 2010

• My 15 year old has ADD and always has some sort of tic. They change through the years, but it is always something. Now he twitches his hands, sometimes his head. In the past he did a jumping thing. It's not that noticeable, but I notice it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• A tic could be something as harmless as a comfort to them. Something they don't realize they're doing that soothes them. It could be that you're over analyzing it. However, if you're really worried then take him to his OB.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:30 AM on May. 27, 2010

• A friend of mine, her son flicks his wrist (think if you have a watch on that's too big and you flip it around quickly), and he would hum without realizing it. Along with a few other things they noticed it all added up and he has now been diagnosed with tourrets. But its not bad enough to need medication or anything.

If your child has other things you've noticed, it might be helpful to have him evaluated. Her son would occasionally "forget" a word he knew, like.. washing machine, he'd have no idea what it was called, even though he knew what it was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 27, 2010

• It could be Tourette's Syndrome, just a very mild case. I do have it and noticed I had symptoms (but obviously did not know what the name for whatever it was) since I was about 6 years old. I have had tics and muscle tightening and sometimes throat clearing or eye blinking. My daughter has also had tics, but has seemed to outgrow them.

Men do have Tourette's Syndrome more often than women and in a lot of cases, the symptoms do get better as they get older. You can ask his doctor about the tics if you are that concerned. Some people have severe cases, but some are just mild without any vocal noises.
    Anonymous

• nope, no tics currently, he is only four so his life is pretty stress free... you ususally dont see tics come out until some sort of pressure is in a kids life (like school)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:14 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My daughter blinks alot more than normal and she sometimes will scream for no reason.
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 11:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010