traditional vs non traditional wedding? indoor vs out door? HELP

i am getting married fall of next year. and i have two locations i am thinking about. one it out doors at a myriad botanica....the other is at a lake side chaple...

this is a pic of the gardens it has a stage and int he water and its own seating around. but would have to find a diff location for the reception.

http://jaypollardphotography.com/root/JayPollardPhotography/iphoto/photos/images1/prvMyriad%20Gardens.IMG_1870.jpg

lake side chapel...we would have to rent seating but could have a fall lake side reception....

http://www.deryckbeard.com/Gallery/Thunderbird/

what do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I REALLY dig the chapel! It has huge windows & it seems you can have your wedding & reception there. I like the greenery you can see through all the windows.

We had a big mountain wedding in a massive lodge. People thought we were crazy making them drive 3 miles up dirt mountain roads, but once they all got up there...they were amazed at how beautiful this property was. I'm all about outdoor non-traditional weddings. I think traditional weddings are always more boring. But, that is just my opinion.

The chapel is open enough that it seems like it's outdoor. And, you won't have to worry about the chance of rain. The property it is on looks nice too. I can see children running around outside the chapel....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:15 AM on May. 27, 2010

• FYI - just because you might have it in a chapel, does not mean you have to make it traditional.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:17 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Another thing about doing it at the botanic place....there will be strangers watching your wedding. I worked at the Atlanta botanical gardens & that was the one thing folks complained about there. Strangers would all sit by, walk by, talk to the guests. I never liked the idea of my wedding being witnessed by a bunch of passerbys. last post i swear...LOL!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Although the garden is stunning I would have to go with the Lakseside venue. I had a fall wedding on the harbor and it was breathtaking. I think fall+water+wedding = perfection.

Congrats!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:19 AM on May. 27, 2010

• i agree with you (op here) i do like both but the chapel is becoming more appealing. ty for the strangers comment cuz i never thought of that. and our wedding is going to be in september of 2011 ans it always rains here during that time. i always pictured having an outdoor wedding. but maybe an outdoor reception instead? what do you think?. the chapel is right on the lake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I've been to two outdoor weddings. One was rained out! If you're planning your wedding when it rains, really, plan for indoors so you're not scrambling at the last minute. The other was lovely because it was appropriately planned. Also, if you're going to have kids in attendance, maybe not the lake. It's a safety hazard.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Actually, I definitely prefer the chapel. Which is odd b/c I almost always prefer outdoor settings. But the chapel is REALLY nice! Congrats!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2010

• i am trying to decide which one so i can begin planning i have over a year but i dont want to be rushed with this. so i think i now want the lake side venue. i think you are right orionsgirl. with it being fall and all the trees chnaging colors i think it would be breath taking. ty girls. you have helped me decide where to have it at!! YAY! now i have to pick colors ....lol...what kind of food for a reception?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I like outdoor and nontraditional. But if you think there will be issues with having it outdoors you can still have it nontraditional in a really nice chapel :-)
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Personally I like the chapel the best! I think it's a very nice setting. Even a bit romantic with the overlook outside the windows.
    You can have a nontraditional wedding in a chapel too. Just as much as you can have a traditional wedding outdoors. It being traditional doesn't have anything to do with the setting, but how the ceramony is performed. Go for what you want.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:29 AM on May. 27, 2010