Do you allow you kids to walk around barefooted everywhere?

we were at a ballpark last night and I saw 2 cute little girls maybe 7 yrs. old walking around with their dollies and pushi g a baby pretend carriage barefooted as they kept walking I could see their feet were very dirty and their hair was loose and messy looking but pretty little girls I just don' t get it how can parents allow thi? I guess for the same reason I wouldn't...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• So...what does it matter? They're just kids.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 27, 2010

• OP here... Obviously your one of them... Gross GERMS EVERYWHERE!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 27, 2010

• no my kids go no where without shoes...with the exception of sometime out on the porch...but you know there is class in parking lots.and the other day at walmart i was appalled to see a needle..yes a suringe just outside my car where i parked...and we do NOT like in a bad part of town by no means. my kids always have some sort of foot wear on even if it is just flip flops.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Around, In and Out of our house. Yes. Although my son has to wear shows during all waking hours because of his AFO so he has his shoes, AFO and socks on. My daughter on the other had is bare foot. and most like will end up outside here at the house barefoot too. Nice weather days I don't care. If we were at the park then they both would have shoes on, unless if we were at the beach of course. As for the loose messy hair...That happens to us as the day moves on and we just get sweaty, etc. The hair tend to fall out or get loose and messy throughout the day. It gets brushed out in the morning but some days it's hard to tell..... :)
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2010

• At home my kids are barefoot all the time, they run all over our yard barefoot and yes, they get quite dirty, but IMO, kids should get good and dirty in the summertime =) Of course they get a bath every night. In public? Like at a park? Shoes absolutely. As for hair, I do my best to keep my daughter's hair neat, but that is way easier said than done. I put it up and out of her face, she inevitably takes it out, and a few minutes of running around, etc. it looks messy, not much I can do there. They also always go out with clean hands and faces, but if they eat ONE thing, I STG, its everywhere. Kids are kids. They get dirty. We clean them up, no big deal.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Scientists give grubby children a clean bill of health

To answer the question, I probably wouldn't let him go barefoot in some places, not because of dirt, but because of broken glass and things like that. However, I see no problem with letting him run around with no shoes on at my house or at a playground.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:22 AM on May. 27, 2010

• to anon 10:18---Did you know that flip flops are worse for you because your feet are exposed to the same surface that is touching everything that's on the ground???? Shoes are enclosed and you wear socks in them as well. google it.

As for the OP....what does messy hair have to do with germs on the ground? lol Think about everywhere you sit, every handle you touch, your car door handle, shopping carts, your credit cards and atm cards that you hand over to have swiped by other people....the list goes on.....do you wear gloves? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Kiwi doesn't go anywhere without shoes, but that's more her than me, so I don't have to worry about that. She doesn't go anywhere (including the mailbox) without making sure that she's dressed, hair is done and she's wearing the "right" shoes for her outfit. Very girlie. But if she wanted to walk around a park or something without shoes, I'd have no problem with it if it wasn't littered with glass or anything like that. Sure there are germs, but do you really think that all the sweat inside the socks and shoes is much cleaner? And, yeah, she brushes her hair daily, but after ten minutes outside in the heat, it's all limp, loose, and sweaty. It's called being a kid. They get dirty.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:23 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No i wouldn't, but what if they had shoes on that really hurt their feet, so mom and dad let them take them off? I don't think it matters thaaat much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Their parents could've put their hair up the nicest way possible that morning, but as it goes it's never as nice looking by the end of the day. Kids rough house, play on the playground, get dirty, and they never look the same coming home as they did going out. Their feet were dirty because they were walking around barefoot. You incinuated that it was because they weren't taken care of is why they were a mess and dirty. That's not neccisarily the case. You're judging a situation you know nothing about. A situation that could be totally harmless.

My daughter is six months, so she never wears shoes. She will when she starts walking. My son wears them when he goes outside, but he is barefoot when he's inside the house. Sometimes he'll run around the yard barefoot, but that's rare.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:26 AM on May. 27, 2010