stretch marks

I've made it to 33 weeks without one stretch mark and my belly is pretty large. Do you think I'll make it through without getting any? I'm so worried about it! I've only gained 17 lbs up to this point so I hope to keep my luck...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• maybe! I know that I don't get big at all...in fact people can't tell i'm pregnant, but because my skin is so sensative the stretch marks are horrible on me! ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I used plenty of cocoa butter and never got a single stretch mark. best of luck!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:27 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I used uncles bees belly butter for pregnant mommys vitamin E lotion on my tummy all the time... I didn't get a single one but still got the c section scar... Vitamin E helps the elasticity of your skin and my mom said that's what worked the best for her. She had 3 kids and didn't get stretch marks either but her mother did and her sisters!
    You do get a lot bigger towards the last few weeks... I was sure I was going to get some but somehow didn't! I gained 23 lbs my whole pregnancy and since you are at 17 I think you might make it without the marks! Just rub some kind of lotion on your tummy whenever it starts itching...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:51 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I only gained 22 lbs with my 1st and still got stretch marks! But they didn't show up until after delivery - it was really weird. I thought I had escaped without any, but then shortly after I got home from the hospital I noticed them.

Answer by missanc at 12:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I gained 40 with both pregnancies and no stretchmarks, so there is hope! LOL.
    Anonymous

• Stretch marks arent really from weight gain, but sometimes its from hormones...I didnt gain that much weight, but I think hormones played a role in mine...
    Anonymous