Did anyone see the news about the 2 year old addicted to smoking 40 cigarettes a day?

It was so weird to see that adorable baby chunky boy puffing away on the news! He looked like a pro at it! His father said that the boy throws a temper tantrum unless he gets his cigarettes! I really hope it was some kind of hoax.
Have you ever known or heard of something like that before?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe it's real 'cuz TIME did a piece on it. I don't think they'd risk their credibility on something so sad. Look at this statistic they quoted:

According to statistics cited by the Daily Mail, nearly 3 percent of five to nine year olds in Indonesia are active smokers.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/05/27/why-is-this-2-year-old-boy-smoking/#ixzz0p8k71bfn
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:27 AM on May. 27, 2010

• it's real sadly...... local officials/police in Indonesia offered to buy the family a new car if they could get him to quit. Nope.... no success
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2010

• That is SO disgusting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 27, 2010

• WOW! That is insane! 5-9 years smoking like its no big deal. amazing. I'm glad thats not a socially acceptable thing here...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:32 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Yeah I had just saw that this morning on my local news, they have a video of him smoking too. Its jacked up! Not only does he smoke like 40 cigs a day but he's obese too! So sad. that poor baby. And you know the parents got him hooked, baby's don't just decide to start smoking! Then officials are offering them a car if he quits. umm hello! don't reward this trash! take that kid from those sorry excuses of "parents" get him clean and healthy and in the arms a of a safe responsible family. Then they had the nerve to be all "he's costing us 5 us dollars a day" boo freaking hoo! They should be locked up for child endangerment!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:32 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Wow, that father should be stripped of his rights to that child. It should be considered child endangerment to be feeding his child carcinogens. Someone needs to turn him in.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:43 AM on May. 27, 2010

• wth??
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 10:48 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I think my brain is about to explode.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:12 AM on May. 27, 2010

• itsmesteph11

Does that mean we should all stop vaccinating too!? because there are carcinogens in those "life saving" vaccines too.
    Anonymous

• @ anon 9:17

There is a huge difference between.. a vaccine every few months to a yr to longer than smoking 40 cigarettes a day....

This is sad but apparently it sounds like that is their culture there... makes me wonder how long that child will live.. the lungs.. those LITTLE lungs must be pretty sad looking?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:49 PM on May. 27, 2010