Have you ever called CPS on someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, my sons father when he came to my house while I was gone and kidnapped my son from the babysitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No, but I called the cops b/c of a child who I felt was in danger. I went to a yard sale and there was a little boy who was maybe 2 years old. He was in a droopy saggy diaper and had bruises all over him. No shoes on and there were broken beer bottles all over the yard. The guy who was there (maybe his dad?) smacked him hard in the back of the head and told him to "get his stinking, whiny ass in the house". Hit him hard enough to knock him down and make his knees bleed. All b/c he was talking to me, asking me my name and all that. So then he gets on the phone and asks if someone "has that good shit" and "yeah, he has the money for it."

I was DISGUSTED! So I left and kept driving up and down the road by their house until the cops got there. Every time I drive by that house I say a prayer that the little boy is being taken care of.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:58 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I'll just copy and paste my answer from the question in General Parenting:

Yes. My neighbor's had a four year old son, and there were a multitude of problems, such as:
    1. His wandering the neighborhood alone at 11:30 at night.
    2. His walking around smelling like feces.
    3. His riding a four-wheeler, alone, with no helmet. To top that off, he tore up MY yard doing so.
    4. The fact that he would constantly talk about how he had to go play outside because his parents were so boring when they were high.

But the final straw was when, after stealing from me and getting caught, he told me he was going to go "hang himself" with a rope in their garage.

So yeah - I called. More than once, I might add.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Until I started reading posts at CM, I never even heard of CPS. I haven't seen any eveidence of abuse in my area of neighborhood or among friends and family. It seems to me that there coud be some big mistakes and innocent families could be damaged. I would be very careful before resorting to calling any organization like that.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:14 AM on May. 27, 2010

• No but almost. I had a friend who had a 3 year old daughter, she was the same age as my youngest son. My friend's boyfriend left her and their daughter, and married someone else. She couldn't find work, got kicked out of their apartment. I offered to let her and her DD stay with me, my husband and our 2 boys. She moved in and it was fine at first but then she started stealing from us, hiding things of mine and my kids in her bags and taking them to her moms house every time she could. I know, because I found items of ours in her bags multiple times. Anyway, after a couple weeks of that I told her she had 2 weeks to get a job, pack her stuff and get out. I offered to watch her DD for her so she could find a job since I felt sorry for the little girl. So she left all her stuff and her DD at our house and was going to rent a small room with just a bed in it til she got situated. She gave me her cell phone number but then it got..
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:38 AM on May. 27, 2010

• disconnected. Her DD was left at my house with no money for me to buy her food or diapers (I mean I bought them anyway, but still), no calls from her, no visits, nothing for nearly 3 weeks. Nobody knew where this woman was, nothing. I told her mom that if she didn't show up within 10 days I was calling CPS and turning her daughter over because I could NOT afford to raise another child at that time. She still did not show. Her mom told me where she was staying, so I went to her room to try to find her, but of course she wasn't there. I was let into her room to wait where I found a lot of stuff she had stolen from us, but I left it there because it was kids toys and such and I figured her DD could use it more than mine could. At this point it was almost 5 weeks since we had seen her. I went back to her moms, said I am sorry but I'm going to have to call CPS if she doesn't show. Well a day or so later we had a 7.2 earthquake...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2010

• and THAT is what it took to get her to call and make sure her DD was still okay. And she acted like nothing was wrong, she was working at a club "singing" (nobody believed that lol), but she came and picked up her DD the next day. Now, 8 years later, she has 6 kids, none of them living with her. I feel sorry for the little girl though!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:42 AM on May. 27, 2010

• no, but there are questions on here about kids and there's answers on here that disgust me when someone says "call CPS". calling CPS on someone is NOT funny. i would only call CPS or as i would call it...social services, on someone if i REALLY needed to cause i remember back to cafemom how people always tell others to call CPS on the littlest things and it is not a joke! there is some stories on this post that im glad you ladies did do what you did so im not talking about you ladies.

example: "my sister's child always has this reoccuring diaper rash, what do i do to help him?" someone's got to add "call CPS"

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:54 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Once, a couple of years ago. A little girl who used to live across the street from us, who was 8 years old, was often locked out of her house in the wintertime. She would wander around the neighborhood unsupervised and just knock on random doors to use their phone. She would come to our house, uninvited to play with my kids,and eat our food and use our bathroom and make all kinds of racket while my husband was sleeping. I called but nothing was ever done about the situation. They ended up moving because they couldn't pay their rent.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:05 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, because it was my job as a teacher I was a mandated reporter. When my student came to school with suspicious injuries and a sketchy story, I called.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:57 PM on May. 27, 2010