Have you ever called CPS on someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes.It was a hard decision.But she put her 4 yr old daughter out and locked her out.For all day long in the summer.I should have called on her sooner.Eventually they moved.so she probably did the same thing in a new location.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes. My neighbor's had a four year old son, and there were a multitude of problems, such as:
    1. His wandering the neighborhood alone at 11:30 at night.
    2. His walking around smelling like feces.
    3. His riding a four-wheeler, alone, with no helmet. To top that off, he tore up MY yard doing so.
    4. The fact that he would constantly talk about how he had to go play outside because his parents were so boring when they were high.

But the final straw was when, after stealing from me and getting caught, he told me he was going to go "hang himself" with a rope in their garage.

So yeah - I called. More than once, I might add.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:00 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Everyone in our neighborhood has. We were informed by a police officer that if we witnessed the neglect/abuse, did not report it, and it later came out that we knew and did nothing we could be considered complicit. The child(ren) in question are allowed to wander around unsupervised, by a creek and on a busy road. At one point, one was nearly run over by the neighbor's riding lawnmower because she's so little he didn't see her. (to clarify, we are talking about toddlers, not school-age kids)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I have once, an ex-friend would slap her 2 year old in the face for doing typical 2 year old things (like screaming, or crying when she didnt get her way) she would also push her down, and throw her down. After talking it over with some other friends who witnessed it, they all told me to "stay out of it" but in fact i didnt and called....
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I never have, but if I had proof of abuse and/or neglect I certainly would not hesitate. I wish someone had called or stepped in back when I was a kid being abused and neglected....in the 70's and early 80's no one cared very much what parents did to their kids.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:45 PM on May. 29, 2010

• On a daycare once.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2010