Stiff clothes...

I hang dry all of our clothes and although I use a really strong fabric softner the still get really stiff and rough being out on the line. Do you know of any way to help prevent this? I live in Phoenix and its pretty hot here, so I hang them over night and they dry in the dark, but that doesn't seem to make a difference in the stiffness.

leslie_zoe2010

Asked by leslie_zoe2010 at 10:53 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• use vinegar INSTEAD of the chemical filled fabric softener, it does the same job, only better, better for you and the environment and cheaper. You only need 1/8 to 1/4 of a cup....and it doesn't leave a vinegar smell on the clothes, but if you want it t smell like something you can add about 15-20 drops of lemon essential oil into the vinegar gallon jug and shake.....I keep such a vinegar, e.o. mix next to the washing machine.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:44 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I have heard that a vinegar wash will help but have not tried it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2010

• It may seem redundant but let them dry on the line then toss them in the dryer on air fluff for 5-10mins and it will soften up your clothes. :o)

I do this when I line dry towels...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:22 PM on May. 27, 2010