How do you resist temptation?

This morning at work, I had one of those moments.I felt that zing for a male coworker that I should feel for my husband.And I haven't felt for husband that way for a long time. I don't know if my coworker felt it or not.I'm not going to act on it.but if I wasn't married.How do you resist temptation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Take that "zing" feeling home, and take it out on your DH!!! It'll come back to you, and it's never wrong to fantasize, it's wrong to act on a fantasy.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:03 AM on May. 27, 2010

• If he's any decent, he wouldn't mess with a married woman. You wouldn't want to be with a guy like that anyway. That's how I would resist. It doesn't feel good to be cheated on, so why would I do it someone else?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:55 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Put yourself in someone elses shoes. How would you feel if your husband felt the same "zing" for one of his female coworkers? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like that very much.
    Reality check! Marriages are hard work.....and everything else is always going to be more exciting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I get that same thing with one of my co-workers. I just have to force myself to keep it professional sometimes. Theres nothing wrong unless you act on it or actually grow feelings. Just keep your distance so you don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 27, 2010

• i agree, keep your distance from the co-worker, but also get some counseling. either for yourself, or for couples. find out why you dont have that "zing" feeling for your husband now. i'm young (21), never married and i've been with my BF for almost 2 years, which i'm sure doesnt compare to the years you've been married, but i would hope that after X amount of years, the zing doesnt go away by itself.. that for it to go away, there has to be reasoning behind it- whether its b/c you feel unappreciated or too much stress in your life, your husband isnt showing/giving your affection, etc. maybe if you can figure that out, you wont have that "zing" feelings for others- coworkers or not...

i do believe people will be attracted to others.. i'm attracted to other guys, even tho i'm in a relationship. BF is attracted to other girls- we see their attractions, but we are dedicated to each other. does that make sense?
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:19 AM on May. 27, 2010