Need advice about Summer Camp

My son will be going to summer camp for one week (for the very first time) and they ask that his stuff have his name on it.

I would like to know how can I put his name on his stuff with out having to iron them on or saw it on ?
I have been looking at website who have the alternative off having sticky labels on clothes/shoes but you have to buy a lot of sticky name tag and I don't need the amount that they are selling.

Any idea you could give me ?
Thank you in advance for your response.

Paros

Asked by Paros at 11:01 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• permanent marker
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:03 AM on May. 27, 2010

• write with marker on the tag.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Sharpie on the tag

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I agree with permanent marker/sharpie, but you can make your own labels with your computer. Just buy the avery mailing labels, and make your own labels with his name on them!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• The iron on or sew on ones really are the best - remember then have to go thru the wash and not get wrecked. But you can use a fabric marker... you can find them in craft stores for a few bucks. Sharpies tend to run on fabric (I was a camp counselor for 9 summers... sometimes you couldn't read the names b/c they were to blurry... then the parents got mad at us when the kids didn't come home with all their stuff...grrrr!!)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:53 AM on May. 28, 2010