Terrified baby

What can scare a baby that is already fussing/upset in the car to the point he goes from screaming cuz he is mad/upset to a terrified scream? I know he was hungry and needed to be changed but he has never screamed like that before just because he needed to be changed and eat.

shanrem06

Asked by shanrem06 at 11:10 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He was probably just getting more angry. My baby HATES the car, but I always make sure he is fed and changed even if I have to pull over and take a few minutes to feed and/or change him.
    After I know he is fed and changed, sometimes he will still scream. In our case, I think he just doesn't like to be alone int eh back seat. I have been trying mirrors and toys to make him more comfortable.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:15 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I would go with your gut feelings.You know the baby better than anyone.If it continues,I'd take him to the pediatrition.so what if they think you are crazy.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:15 AM on May. 27, 2010

• that same thing happened to us and we thought wth? well we found out a few days later he had been stung by a yellow jacket that found its way into the car, and we did not know it. i did finally take him t o the doc and we found the stinger on his thigh. so something could have pinched /bit/otherwise hurt the baby and you didnt see it?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:21 AM on May. 27, 2010

• If you have him in the car seat rear facing and he is big enough to front face then change his seat to  front facing. My DS would freak out rear facing either because he could not see me or he got nauseous driving backwards. I get nauseous when I am facing backwards and moving like on a train. As soon as I changed his seat to front facing he loved to take rides.

Anonymous