Teething at 4 months???

My son is going to be 4 months on June 8th and I don't know if he is teething or not. It seems like its too soon, but he has all the symptoms...

Fussy/Iritable
sucking his hands constantly
coughing occasionally
trouble sleeping
drooling like crazy

I can see his little two bottom teeth, they are visible through the gums but im not sure if its "normal" What can I do to help him with the symptoms?

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 11:33 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why wouldnt it be normal? The age range for getting the first teeth is like 2 to 12 months or something like that. Its a huge range. I have 2 friends thats sons had the 2 bottom front teeth by 4.5 months old. Perfectly normal. The only symptom you can help is the irribility. You can ease the pain by giving cols chewtoys, frozen washrags etc. Also they have natural homeopathic teething tablets that work well. At my sons 4 month appointment my doctor told me he was teething because ohe had all the signs except irritability and she could see them under the skin. He got his first 2 teeth a week before he turned 8 months old. Its hard telling when they will come :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:03 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, your child is probably teething. My son had 12 teeth by his 1st birthday, and is now getting his two year molars so I have definitally been where you are :) Hyland'sTeething Tablets contain caffine so I don't give them to my child, but one thing he particularly liked was Baby Orajel Cooling Cumcumber Gel, and it is okay for babies 4 months and up so you should definitally give that a try.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yep its normal,don't worry :)
    My daughter cut her first tooth at 4 1/2 months and my son cut his first at 5 1/2 months.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:55 PM on May. 27, 2010