shoes for a 1 yr old???

my dd hates!! wearing shoes, plus the shoes tht we have for her are a little chunky and hard for her to walk in anyways so i don't put them on her. are there any good starter shoes for her to wear that won't irritate her too much and the bottoms are flexible enough for her to walk in?

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pedipeds have slippery soles. Depending on where you walk (for example classroom style tiled floors -- they can be a slipping hazard).

If you want to keep with a leather-soled shoe -- try Robeez. Again, these can slip if you have a runner. But they're great for an inexperienced walker.

Stride Rite and Saucony are good for dress shoes/boots and sneakers. Their soles are extremely flexible.
    They also make very wide widths for those chunky chubby feet.
    Squirrell34

Answer by Squirrell34 at 1:44 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Walmart and Target sell ones that have a soft leather sole. They conform to the feet really well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:43 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Mine will NOT wear any kind of shoe her Dr. said that is it is actually better for them to learn to walk and feel different textures with no shoes on....
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:56 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I only put shoes on my 13 month old if she is going to be walking around on the sidewalk/driveway or someplace more public and nasty like the store. When she does wear shoes she wears the soft. flexible leather ones the other poster mentioned.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 12:03 PM on May. 27, 2010

• you can try some light weighted sandals. I have a pair for my DS and he walks in those fine.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:32 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Go to Pediped.com they are the BEST shoes for her age. Also Robeez.com.
    Anonymous

• Since it has been so hot here and I don't want to put socks on her, I bought her some water shoes...and my daughter seems to love those shoes out of any other ones she's had. They look comfortable. They have flexible soles and are easy to get on and off and she doesnt have to wear socks with them,lol...oh and they come clean very easy! Maybe you can give those a try.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• there are some great shoes out there with soft soles. they are at walmart and target, and i'm sure other places. check out some children consigment shops!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:48 PM on May. 27, 2010

• She is little no real reason she needs shoes unless you want it to go with the outfit. Bare feet are best for walking around...
    Anonymous

• My daughter was the same way. We started with some Robeez that weren't the leather bottom slippers, but they were soft leather and had a soft, treaded sole for walking. They also had an elastic in the back so they were easy to get on her chubby little feet. When she started to walk more outside, I got some flexible sole shoes from Target that were very similar to the Robeez we had. They had the same elastic back. We wore those two pairs for the first several months of walking before we switched to hard-soled shoes. She still hates when I first put on the shoes,but then she starts walking and running and forgets about it.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:56 PM on May. 27, 2010