What was your best U.S. family vacation?

What was your best family vacation in the U.S.? Where did you go? Where did you stay?

lapizz

Asked by lapizz at 11:57 AM on May. 27, 2010 in Travel

• We have a tendency towards road trips - 10 days to 3 weeks of moving around and seeing what there is along the way. The kids would say the best one is any time we spend more than 12 hours in Moab, UT. They absolutely adore Arches National Park. One summer we spent a week there during the perseid meteor shower. Nothing like it lying on your back, staring at the sky in the middle of a national park at midnight. It was awsome.

The runner up would be the road trip to the Grand Canyon. We went from Denver through New Mexico and Arizona. Staying in the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, saw volcanoes, Petroglyphs, Petrified Forrest, and ostriches along the way. When we got there it was a Star Party. Hundreds of amateur astronomer set up their telescopes and let everyone look all night.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:09 PM on May. 27, 2010

• A few years ago we went to Gatlinburg, Tn.... It was amazing! We (12 of us) stayed in a huge BEAUTIFUL cabin that was right on the river. While there some of the family (not everyone did everything together) went horseback riding, tubing, walked trails to a waterfall, went to a "dinner & show", visit usual tourist attractions like Ripleys believe it or not.. And more ...
    It was just amazing! Nice weather (we are from Tx so we are use to 95+ in June!) beautiful mountains (not use them to them in our part of tx) ... I HOPE we can go back again!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Kauai, Hawaii. We didn't have my daughter at the time, though. It was just my husband and I. We stayed in a condo and went swimming and snorkeling everyday. Saw a sea turtle. Did some hiking one day. I would love to go back.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:01 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I have never had a bad one- even though sicknesses and accidents- everywhere we have been is great and I would do it again!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:16 AM on May. 28, 2010