what do you think about this??

After I heard this I don't let my daughter go anywhere with my neighbor anymore, but she is 5 now she was a little over 4 at the time her friend (the neighbors little girl) was just over 6 at the time anyway my dd wanted to go with the neighbor to the gas station I said that was fine, but I found out later that day that she left my DD just over 4 in the car and her DD just over 6 in the car by theirselves to go into the gas station to get cigarettes. Isn't that a little young? I wouldn't ever leave my now 5 year old in the car. So after hearing this she isn't aloud with the neighbor anymore if she is going someplace. What are your thought on leaving kids in the car alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on May. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's a bad idea.
    Anonymous

• it's stupid and i dont do it. i take her in with me when i get gas.
    Anonymous

• I'm not going t lie I have done it with my 8 yr old when I was just running in to pay for gas. I always lock the door and can see the car from the window. I park right in front of gas station and I live in a small town. I would never do it in a city! Im not saying its right but I have done it.
    Anonymous

• my husband did it at one time, my kids were older though, old enough to take care of themselves, i freaked out at him and he never did it again. im just parinoid about strangers kidnapping my kids but apparently to him the car with my kids in it "was only a few feet away from MIL"s and FIL's van" but still....it really doesnt matter to me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:35 PM on May. 27, 2010

• ...and no, cafemom'ers have not persuaded me to ever not leave kids in the car...its really just my choice
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:36 PM on May. 27, 2010

• eh, to me...personally its not a big deal.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:41 PM on May. 27, 2010