What can I do to help my restless and fussy baby with his teething pains?

I have tried the usual tylonol and motrin or ibprophen for him to help with the discomfort and I have also tried the obvious TLC but I am getting soo tired, hes in bed late like around eleven or so because he just won't sleep and hes up early like six or six thirty in the morning and I am just getting so frusterated (when I know I shouldn't) and so tired because both his and my sleep scheadule is way off. Anyone have any ideas to help us out? Please help! Thanks!

mommy_noah2009

Asked by mommy_noah2009 at 12:41 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'v been there. it can throw off everything. the hylands teething tablets are homeopathic and work wonders. you can buy them at wal greens or wal mart. i didnt use orajel except on the days the teeth were actually coming through the gums. you can also put some wet wash cloths in the freezer and after they freeze let him chew on them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• my mom used to give my sister frozen peas, they defrost quick, they're small, and the cold feels good to their gums, of course thats mid day at the high chair but that might help

also if you rub the gums with a cloth, kind of help the process out
    give him a cloth that was damp and then frozen and let him chew
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• DS likes his teething tablets and washcloths too. I also give him one of those mesh food strainers full of frozen veggies. That keeps his hands busy and his mouth massaged. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:51 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Hyland's teething tablets contain caffine so I don't give them to my child but, something that really seemed to help him was Baby Orajel Cooling Cucumber Gel.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Check the weight guide on the back of the Motrin box. I wasn't giving my daughter enough. She weighs a lot for her age. Once I adjusted the amount, it was like magic!
    Anonymous

• We gave Kiwi sugar free Popsicles. We also put her binky in the freezer and pulled it out right before bed, so it was really cold and numbed her gums, and by the time it got warmer, she was asleep.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:05 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Thank you all for your help!! If anyone has anymore ideas feel free to post em! But everyone gave me some REALLY good ideas!! I especially like the washcloth in the freezer one! Thanks again guys!!
    mommy_noah2009

Answer by mommy_noah2009 at 9:05 PM on May. 29, 2010