WIC and baby food. Has anyone had this problem?

This was the first month ive gotten baby food from WIC so I got 3 checks. I already have a cabinet full of baby food just from those 3 checks. Am I supposed to be feeding baby food 3 times a day? Did anyone else have all this baby food sitting around? Can I ask for just 1 check because my dd eats table food more than baby food?

Is it possible to donate some of it? I just feel like I'm going crazy with all this baby food..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never used baby food for my babies but there have been times in my life when I have had to eat it because of digestive problems. You could do things with it rather than feed the baby. You can add it to other foods. You can save it and when your baby is a little older you can make smoothies with it and some yogurt.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:01 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Donate it to a food bank. There are a ton of women out there that end up in a crap situation that would love for the food bank to be able to hand them food for their baby! :)
    Anonymous

• Food bank is what I was thinking. I never see anything for babies so if someone with a baby is in need, I will feel good knowing I donated this food and her baby is eating.
    Anonymous

• just because the wic check allows you so many jars that doesn't mean you have to buy that many. you can get just what you need or you can donate what you don't use. but if you just don't get what you don't need that leaves wic more funding to help other families.
    Anonymous

• I donated mines as well. they give you alot of food and i couldn't use mine. so i gave it to my chruch and friends who didn't qualify for wic
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:09 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If I knew I wasn't going to use it I wouldn't even use the check. I guess donate it.
    Anonymous

• You do NOT need to buy everything on those checks.We had SOOO much baby food that I just got half.i do the same with milk.We drink whole milk.But they give my 3 year old 2 percent milk and my 1 year old whole.We never buy the 2 percent milk. Or the eggs.I used to think you HAD to get all the stuff,but you dont.So dont get the stuff your not going to use.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:10 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, you can donate it to food shelters and Children/Women shelters. They would greatly appriciate it.
    I didn't have that issue, because my son/daughter ate/eats pureed food more then table food when we were on WIC. Although I didn't get all the allowed jars this time with my recent WIC, so it could be that I have way too much.

Either way, if you do have more then you need then Donate it to a Women/Children's shelter or a food pantry!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:11 PM on May. 27, 2010

• To those who say I dont need to get it if i dont need it, Like I said in my post, can I ask for 1 check?
    If I knew I wouldnt need all the food, i certainly wouldnt have got it all..THANKS
    Anonymous

• no you can't just ask for one check. but you can just use only one check. they have to give you what you're qualified for.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:19 PM on May. 27, 2010