WIC

Anyone else hate going? The one near me is so ghetto! Well the people in the waiting room are anyway. I have to ask for the very first appt because if not I'm stuck sitting there getting dirty looks and stares. Sometimes I don't even feel safe in there like I'm going to get into a fight!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• haha yeah our WIC is in the ghetto too. thats why i dont even get it anymore, i couldnt stand having to go there & bring my baby there. i think i might need too go back though.. our food stamps and PA office is even worse though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Wow, Anon :24. I didn't realize needing a little help made people awful human beings. Apparently you have never ever needed help with anything at all... It would be nice to live such a charmed life.

Our WIC office doesn't sound like yours... lol Yours kind of sounds like a prison yard. hehe. I will admit it kind of smells at ours, but I'm going to guess that is because it's in a church basement. Also for whatever reason when I was going down there to get my son's vaccinations done it always smelled even worse than when I was ever down there for WIC services... Maybe it was the smell of fear. LOL
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:28 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Haha! Anon actually I don't NEED WIC. I lied about our income so I cld get it for free! Sh*t I a pay my taxes I can get a handout too!
    Anonymous

• Wow, anon 24, that was beyond rude. So, if someone needs a little help, they should expect to be around filth? The office here is so loud, and even with a morning appointment, it's a good 5-6 hours before getting out. I hated seeing all the parents who let their kids run free, screaming, bugging people. It wasn't all of them, but the ones who did, yeah, I was afraid of getting hit if I said anything. :-) There were a few who kept their kids with them and actually parented, though.
    Anonymous

• anon.. 1:30 I agree with you!.. The wic lady worked with us so we can get it!. we pay over $1,400 in taxes a month.. so we like our free stuff too!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 1:36 PM on May. 27, 2010

• You're on WIC .. It's for low income families, there are bound to be some families who aren't going to be very friendly or well kept. However, the WIC office I go to is very nice. The families that I've seen in there are clean, polite, with well mannered children. I couldn't tell you about all the families that go in there, but for the county I'm in I wouldn't expect anything worse. Now if you were to go to the next county over, then you'll get some pretty sketchy families. Due to the type of neighborhoods that are in that county. However, like I said, for my county we have some pretty nice folks and I have no issues going to the office.

As well I haven't ever waited more then a half hour (that was only on two different accounts) and I'm usually out of there within 20-30 minutes. I know they could get people in and out faster, but compared to others I see that's not much of a wait.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:39 PM on May. 27, 2010