wtf am i supposed to say?

im in my 3rd trimester, and i keep getting rude comments from my mom and uncle. "are you pregnant or fat" "looks like your having twins" it really bothers me, they say worse. I just had a baby last summer and im having another one this july. I told my mom she needs to leave my house if shes just coming over to talk sh*t. im not like really fat, but yea i am big, but what do they expect. Part of me wants to scream and cry, but you know im trying to keep calm, not raise my blood pressure or make people think im crazy, but seriously what am i supposed to tell these people. and my family is the kind and that will keep talking mess. what would you say or do if you had these comments said to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell them to Go F*ck themselves and don't come back now ya hear!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry, some people just cant keep their mouths shut!! I didnt get the comment s as much while I was pregnant (I gained between 60 -75lbs with all 4 of mine!) but I certainly heard it afterwards! Just ignore the ignorant :) COngrats on the baby :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:18 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I would use humor.Find a way to insult them in return, but make them have to think "Was that an insult"
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• i would pick something out about them that would hurt there feelings and do the same pack to them "in a joking manner"
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:20 PM on May. 27, 2010

• As PP's have said.... i would pick something out about them that would hurt there feelings and do the same pack to them "in a joking manner" and then tell them to Go F*ck themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well, if they were even slightly overweight I'd say "I'm pregnant, whats your excuse?" if not I'd say, " I can lose weight, but you'll always be ugly" lol, but.. these are your family members.... But honestly, its something people say.... I've only gained 8 pounds in my pregnancy and i'm in my 3rd trimester, and I still get people calling him fat, or something in reference to it... and I was underweight when I got pregnant. People are just dumb..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:27 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I think you told her exactly the right thing. Now back it up with action. Next time she trash talks, escort her out.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 PM on May. 27, 2010

• LOL, I just noticed I wrote "calling HIM fat" I meant to say ME
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:37 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Oh, and I just remembered. during my last pregnancy every time I saw my mother she would ask "why don't you ever try to look cute?" or "why don't you ever wear something cute?" Finally I had heard it enough when we were getting ready to leave town to go shopping. I didn't care if she was buying my kids stuff, I had enough! So I told her "take me home right now, I'm tired of always being criticized by you" and she said her usual "well, I'm SORRY" in a crappy sarcastic kind of way. So I replied " No... you're not sorry. Especially when you say it like that" so she actually appologized.. something my mother never does... And she asked me to go ahead and spend the day with her and she never said it again....
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:41 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Just tell them it's genetic, then tilt your head and ask how they haven't noticed when looking in the mirror.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:44 PM on May. 27, 2010