For those of you like me...Do you have a backbone?

my dh told me I need to get one I want one but I am not that way I wish I was but I am more of a softy. Yeah I would speak up when it came down to it like if it had to do with my kids but for me I wouldn't.

I don't why I am this way I guess bc I hate confrontations for one what else could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Health

• and this is a Health question how??
    Anonymous

• You'd have to think about your childhood to figure that out.I used to be like you.but I got tired of being a doormat.and now I am the oppiset.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:26 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I finally had enough.. and had been put through enough. I don't put up with anybody or anything any more. Actually now I'm the exact opposite. I used to put up with everything and never say a word cuz i was chicken and standing up for myself would litterly make me cry. But now... i don't even keep my mouth shut even when i probably just should..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I know how you feel. My Doctor told me to be my own best friend. Treat yourself with kindness....don't let toxic people in your life. Just be aware of the ways you can take care of yourself and not let anyone use you or abuse you. I know people have told me I had no backbone asnd that i was too nice....grrrrr. Doesn't that just make you mad?It makes me mad. Why not be a nice person? The right people will appreciate you. The rats and the toxic people are the ones who don't like "nice people" because it makes them feel guilty that they are so rotten. LOL. Really!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:32 PM on May. 27, 2010