If i dont get WIC what type of milk should i buy for my son and should i stock pile it before he gets here?

We can buy parents choice, gerber, or enfimil how do you chose which and then what type is the best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't stockpile, I'd buy the smaller sized jars of one of each, and see how they react to each one. Some have problems with one brand, or problems with gas, or are lactose, etc. Give him about 2 weeks on each one, unless there is an obvious reaction or problem until you find one that your are BOTH completely satisfied with.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:38 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Why aren't you even considering breastfeeding? It's FREE.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• You could breastfeed. It's free, so WIC doesn't matter and it's easy and convenient. And no need to stockpile.
    Anonymous

• I used Good Start which is what they started my son on in the hospital. I have heard great things about Enfamil but I never used it. I always had a ton of extras in the cabinet just in case. Just watch the expiration dates of course.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Get Good Start. But don't stock pile just incase the baby has a problem with it. Then you will be stuck with it.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt stock up!!! Some babies need different formulas. 3 out of 4 of my babies had to switch formulas. My 3rd was lactose intolerant and had to have the Soy based formula. Just wait and see how your baby takes to it before you buy a bunch!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:33 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Why don't you get WIC? It's not just for low income. I made great money and brought a letter in saying I babysat and made way less. I think all women deserve help with their baby. Not just people on welfare.
    Anonymous

• WOW BF Nazis are on the prowl!!!!!!! Watch out!!!! You all have no idea why she can't BF. Quit jumping to conclusions and get off her! If you didn't formula feed then skip the question and move on.

ANYWAYS: OP, I would have a few extras on hand just in case. I used Good Start. Can you do that one too??? You didn't list it.
    Anonymous

• all formula meets the same FDA standards, so whatever is most affordable for your budget and your baby does well on
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:36 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If your not getting wic, then stock pile it. If you do get wic then great.
    I always liked parents choice, just because that's what worked best for my sons.
    Anonymous