Anyone watch Obama speak on the oil spill??

That helen lady was a riot!

What did you think of it & his responses to questions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Are some actually trying to imply that current US debt is more important or pressing than the integrity of the Planet? Think of the domino affect, the various ecosystems involved, the food change and waterways. This disaster will likely add additional debt.

Anonymous

• Everybody knows Obama & the government were not there and now he is trying to take credit for what BP has done.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:10 PM on May. 27, 2010

• He is trying to cover his tracks. He talks in circles and doesn't actually answer ANY questions. Just trying to take credit for what HAS been done.

I had to turn it off after a few minutes... couldn't listen to him any more.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Oh, Helen was a riot! I felt there were some pointed questions that he very nicely talked around without giving a direct answer to. My "favorite" part was when talking about immigration, he said that the Feds can't do their job without us, the people, helping. Like it is OUR fault that so many come through illegally.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I was listening to Rush and he only had the first couple of minutes on. I almost threw up just listening to that. He did mention a question that he hemmed and hawed at and took 7 minutes to answer for whatever it was worth. I just heard him talking about how Milea came in while he was shaving and asked him if HE had plugged the hole yet. LMAO
    I almost came unglued when he said something about when these things happen and we foul up the environment we have to realize what it will do for generations ..... Sounds familiar doesn't it but the debt he is leaving for generations to take care of is excusable I guess.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:50 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Yes, I caught some of it...I threw up a little. I'm sure it wasn't my morning sickness either.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:04 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Anon, did you know the ocean NATURALLY releases oil? There are over 600 oil seeps within the gulf. 980,000 barrels of oil, or about 41 million gallons, seep into the Gulf - every year NATURALLY!!!!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:53 PM on May. 27, 2010

• LOL- Are you comparing a natural process to the disaster that is occurring now?

"The busted well is spewing oil at a rate of at least 12,000 to 19,000 barrels a day, U.S. Geological Survey chief Marcia McNutt told reporters Thursday. A barrel of oil has 42 gallons, so that's 504,000 to 798,000 gallons a day." Just a tad bit different from that "natural"  process.

Anonymous

• Yes, invisible woman! If that NATURAL process isn't killing the world, a leak isn't going to cause the planet to implode. "U.S. Geological Survey chief Marcia McNutt told reporters Thursday." This means nothing. 1 They honestly don't know they are speculating. and 2 The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration estimated 210,000 gallons (5,000 barrels). So your BS you pulled from CNN means nothing.
    It's okay Anonny you can remove your tinfoil hat now.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:34 AM on May. 28, 2010