Diapers?

I was highly allergic to all but one type of diapers and wipes that isnt made anymore and people have bought me huggies and luvs and i break out with them now just handling them. I do have wipes from huggies that are hypoallerginic that i dont break out from but i do from the regular. My allergies are 100times worse than it was before i was pregnant. Does this mean my baby has a chance of the allergy after he is born and do they make hypoallerginic diapers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only way you will find out if the baby is allergic to the diapers is when you use the diapers on the baby.

Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I think huggies naturals are hypoallergenic, but I dont know for sure.
    Huggies can send you a sample of them just email them and let them know your situation.
    I have huggies coupons I can mail you if you want.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:04 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I'm allergic to propylene glycol, a preservative. If you look it's in the wipes. It's in a lot of things and it may be what you are allergic to. It's something you can be tested for.

I have a 20 mo grandson and we have never used wipes. When he was little I would put folded paper towels in a zip lock bag with water, a drop or two of castile soap, and olive oil for the diaper bag. Now we just use water and paper towels. He has been ok with disposable diapers. Two of my kids had problems and I used cloth with all three.

You can find a lot of info about cloth diapers in Mothering Magazine, on their web site, and on their discussion boards.

http://www.mothering.com/

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:06 PM on May. 27, 2010

True, but she cannot use them on her baby if SHE is allergic either.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If you are that allergic to them, i wouldn't use them purely for your safety. Our daughter isn't allergic but she has sensitive skin and would rash easily, so after a few months of dealing with that, we switched to cloth and she has only has 2 rashes in over a year. If you are really that scared of your DD being allergic, I would just look into cloth and keep that open as an option. :)
    kurokitty21

Answer by kurokitty21 at 2:49 PM on May. 27, 2010

• My allergist says if one parent has allergies and the other doesn't, then baby has exactly 50% chance of having allergies. You will most likely have to use cloth diapers.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:01 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Momma you can whear gloves.

Answer by louise2 at 3:18 PM on May. 27, 2010

• If you break out just handling them... I'd say to return all those diapers and take the money to start a stash of cloth diapers. Eliminate the risk to yourself and your babe.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:45 PM on May. 27, 2010

• well you can try the organic brands like seventh generation, but i have a feeling you might need to use cloth. also something like gdiapers, cloth with an insert, might work well for you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:41 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Get some cloth diapers! The ones they make now are just as easy to use as disposables. Check out BumGenius 3.0

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:19 PM on May. 27, 2010