Sun Tanning - please answer before I have to leave.

Fri, Sat and Sun, Im going camping. Im 19 weeks pregnant, and just wanted to know if Sun tanning with lotion is bad? I only want to tan my back, legs, chest and face. It's not like im going to tan my stomic. And I know I should keep hidrated.
Please answer before I have to leave. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. I floated the river all last summer with tanning lotion and it's fine. Keeping hydrated is a key thing though!
    Aleah_Hardiman

Answer by Aleah_Hardiman at 2:19 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Just stay hydrated and be careful not to burn (for your sake)!!
    Anonymous

• Stay hydrated and don't get over heated. That is the reason why you aren't supposed to tan in tanning beds while pregnant, you get too hot. Be sure to get in the water a lot to cool off and not let your core body temp get too hot.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:33 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Thrivingmom is right. The only reason they say not to tan in beds when pregnant is because you get too warm and can cook the little one ;) Just keep yourself cool and you shoule be fine :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:05 PM on May. 27, 2010