Lifting military gay ban?

Opionions... Good or Bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on May. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Good for politics. Bad for their Gay soldiers personal safety. I can see a lot of hate crimes happening because of it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:08 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Bad idea. Lots of hate crimes on the horizon.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:11 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Why can't people just let everyone be themselves? It would be fine with me if being Gay was out in the open, accepted and then just let go as normal instead of some big hot-button issue. I would love to see other more important issues discussed. The Military will survive with gays ,I'm sure.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:30 PM on May. 27, 2010

• It's not going to happen anytime soon but when it does I feel sorry for the men and women who have to take all the crap that will come from it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:52 PM on May. 27, 2010

• Gays are already in the military. They are not banned, as long as they don't break the laws on the bases and they are not hurting morale. If a soldier is kicked for being Gay the military HAS to prove that they are hurting morale or have broken a rule. http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/05/airforce_dontask_052208/
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:01 PM on May. 27, 2010

• about damn time. still waiting for gay marriage, though.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:33 PM on May. 27, 2010

• I think it will cause more problems than anyone has anticipated.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:03 PM on May. 27, 2010

• It's a good thing.

I thought the military was all about discipline, service, following a plan and doing what one was commanded/instructed to do? If there are members who can not abide by the rules and treat fellow members respectfully, they can be dishonorably drummed out. Act civil, follow the rules, or accept the consequences-just like at any other job, school, social situation. No excuses, it's beyond time.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:05 PM on May. 27, 2010